Thursday, May 26, 2011

So...

I know, I know!  It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything.  No excuses, I've just not done it.  But, I do have some good news!  I got an interview for a teaching position in Tennessee :D  I'm so excited about it.  I can't wait to get down there and impress them with my knowledge and skills!  It's at a suburban school district just outside of Knoxville.  I've been looking at the area, and it sure looks beautiful!  It's far enough away from the Mississippi that we won't get flooded. It's close enough to the mountains that we can enjoy nature :)  And most of all, it's NOT in the city!!!  I'm so tired of teaching inner city.  I want to teach in a school where the kids actually WANT to learn.  So, if you're reading this, please say a prayer that the money is right, and that they offer me a high school position, and that we can make a smooth transition!! 

On to the complaining....my head is killing me.  I have a sinus headache.  It is a killer one today.  I've already taken some sudafed and some pain meds....ugh...just please make it go away. 

Tomorrow, I'm taking off of work. Blondie has a talent show in school, and she wanted me to go.  So I took the day off so I can go see her.  J has the day off, too.  But, instead, he'll be heading out to camp with the golf cart to get everything set up for the weekend.  We're going to be going to a pot luck on Saturday, so I made about 50 strawberries filled with strawberry flavored jell-o, and I'm making some carrot cakes.  Everyone loves my mom's carrot cakes.  They're always asking for the recipe, but I refuse to give that to anyone.  My mom made that recipe up herself when she was in her 30's.  She never shared it with anyone other than my sisters and I, and we promised that we wouldn't ever share it with anyone, either.  It's a family recipe, and it's one of the only "secrets" my mom and I still share, and I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to give that up.  I hope people understand my reasoning behind it.  I'm willing to share any other recipe I have, except that one.  Oh wait, that one and the cream puff recipe, too. 

Ok, I'm going to go lie my head down.  My head is still killing me, and it hasn't stopped.  Think I'm going to take a little rest before it gets any worse.  Later Gator!

No comments:

Post a Comment