Friday, April 23, 2010

Bein Venido, Betty Suarez!

Is it pathetic that I'm sorta sad that Ugly Betty is off the air? I mean, yeah, it got pretty hokey the past year or so, but I'm gonna miss Betty Suarez! I loved that show! I think I kind of related to Betty. Not in the fact that I worked for a high fashion magazine, and I was a young Mexican chick with braces and a parka....but in the fact that I am a woman on a mission. I know what I want, and I know I won't give up until I get it. I'm kinda stubborn that way. It's gotten me through life without too many scars so far, so I guess I won't complain...but I loved the fact that Betty didn't fit into the mold, but worked her way up through bitches and pretty people to make a name for herself. And the chick blogs! Granted it's not funny like mine, and she actually had some sustanence in her writings...unlike me who could write three or four pages on cheese, LOL!

OH! And I was just watching The Insider on tv, and they were showing that ABC is refusing to show a Lane Bryant ad for their bras and panties, saying it is too "risque" for the channel. Um, hellOOOO.....have you SEEN Dancing with the Stars? Edyta S. wears like an inch of material on each boob, and a half inch of material on her vajayjay! And they are saying a plus size model wearing a bra and panty covering EVERYTHING is too risque? Um, ok.... This pisses me off, majorly. As a big girl myself, I am completely offended by ABC because I just KNOW that they're doing it because the woman wearing it is a size 16....a supposed "plus size" model. I think she looks beautiful! They show Victoria Secret's ads. Why is it ok for THEM but not for Lane Bryant? It's because the girls are not as emaciated as the Victoria's Secret model. For God's sake, eat a fucking doughnut!!! Drink a slurpee and eat a fucking doughnut!

...and on that note...because apparently because I'm a bigger girl and it's all I'm allowed to wear, I'm going to go slip into a moo moo and man panties and seduce my husband!

Later Days!
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment