Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Bucket List

Everyone has one, whether it's written down or just inside their head. You know you do. The Bucket List. That list of things you want to do before you die. It's ok. I have one, too. And here is my bucket list. Now, granted...mine may not be the type of stuff that is going to change the world. It's basically a list of stupid things that amaze me, and that I want to do or accomplish before I kick that ever-inducing bucket. So, without any further ado....may I present, MY Bucket List:

1. To fly in a jet plane. Not a regular jet plane that carries people from point A to point B, but the type of jet plane that flies over the baseball field after the National Anthem has been played. The type of jet plane that, when you're in it, you have to wear an oxygen mask just to survive, and your face looks tighter than Joan Rivers after a spa treatment. The kind that makes that gigantic sonic boom in the air.

2. Go on a ghost hunt. I don't care who it is. I just want to go on a ghost hunt. I'm fascinated by that sort of stuff. I want to hear something, see something, feel something. I don't care. I just want to go. Is there anything wrong with that?

3. Along the same lines as #2, I would also like to speak to a person like John Edward, someone who speaks with the dead, to see if they can maybe make contact with my mom. I miss her so much, just knowing that she's around me and is with me would bring me such comfort and give me the closure I need. I didn't get to say good bye to her.

4. Quit my job and open up a bakery. Not just a doughnut and bread bakery, but a sweets shop. I wanna sell cakes, cookies, pies, and cream puffs. Brownies and fruit breads, and stuff like that. Both sugar filled AND sugar free! There are so many diabetics in the world....we derserve sweet stuff, too, Damnit!

5. Ride in a hot air balloon. I think that would be SO freeing to just be in a basket with a big old giant hot air balloon above you.

6. To travel to Greece. I want to see the Parthenon. I don't know why, I guess just to say I've been there and done that. I just think Greece is awesome.

7. I also want to go to Germany to visit my friend Christina, and to also go to Auschwitz. There's something so powerful and gut wrenching about being there. Along those same lines, I would like to go to Amsterdam, and see the hiding spot of Anne Frank. For the same reasons.


That's it for now...I'm sure as I get older, I'll add on to it. What are some things you have on YOUR bucket list???

~Later
M

1 comment:

  1. Ok finally someone that will go up in a hot air balloon with me! I have been wanting to do that forever!

    ReplyDelete