Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It's December 1!  And, it's snowing!  It's beautiful outside.  It's a fine, misty and fluffy snow that just kind of floats around in circles in the air.  And sitting here, looking out my classroom window, I can see for a mile or two.  I'm loving seeing the little flakes fly through the trees across the parking lot.  It's gorgeous! 

I talked with my brother in law the other day.  The one stationed in Afganistan.  He has a couple of guys in his troop who don't get much mail.  He asked if I could figure out a way to have his friends get a couple of pieces of mail.  So, myself and another teacher in the building, we're bringing Christmas cards for the students to write little notes of faith and encouragement to them, and we'll send them off this afternoon.  I feel bad that these guys don't get much.  It's so sad.  I know Rick is getting packages out the wazoo from everyone in the family, but then there's these guys over there with him, who are doing the same thing as him, who aren't getting anything from anyone.  How horrible is that?  Oh well, at least they'll have some Christmas cards to look forward to for the Holidays. 

I got the nicest review from my supervisor yesterday at work.  She gave me all satisfactories and outstandings.  It was delightful to see that.  And it actually makes me feel so much better about why I chose the profession I did.  For almost 12 years, at my old school....not once did I EVER get acknowledged by my supervisors for all the hard work I put into the students and my job.  If anything, especially by one particular person, I was always getting reprimanded for things she thought I was doing wrong.  I'm so glad that I'm now in a place that appreciates all that I do for these kids. It makes me feel like I'm making a difference in the kids' lives.  Which, I know I did at the other place, but it would have been nice to hear every once in a while, you know?  I had the parent tell me all the time, but it would have been nice to have the supervisor I had tell me, "Hey, M....you're doing a great job.  You're a real asset to the school."  Nope.  Oh, well...I'm getting it now and that is all that matters. 

Well, I'm going to go, and enjoy watching the snow dance outside my windows.  Everyone have a good day.  I can not believe, by the way, that I did not put one sarcastic remark into this post.....I think I'm going soft!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment