Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The times, they are-a changin'

So, recently, the husband has decided that we should move.  He's (oh hell, who am I kidding, I am too) tired of all the crime and stuff in the city.  He hates his job and wants to go somewhere where we can start all over again.  I wanted to go back to PA, to the country side and the area that I grew up in.  He was having nothing of that.  He wants to go somewhere warmer.  I wanted to have some snow and winter.  So, we compromised.  We're going to Tennessee.  We've taken out a loan to get the house fixed up and ready to sell, and I'm in the process of getting my TN teaching license.  I'm currently waiting on the Autism school that I worked at to get their heads out of their butts, and fill out the paperwork I sent them.  The lady on the phone was completely and utterly rude to me yesterday.  If I don't get it by Friday, my butt is on her front step on Monday afternoon, MAKING her sign it in front of me.  Anyway, got off on a tangent.  So, I'm filling out all this paperwork to get the license, and stuff.  John's working on the financial aspect of it all.  It'll take a good year to get everything where we need it to be, and we can put the house up for sale.  I've been looking at jobs online.  Seems like there are a lot of them.  The only thing I don't like is the fact that it's FARTHER from my father than I already am.  I don't like being as far away as I already am, but now we're going to go farther?  But, I can't put my life on hold for something that would inevitably change in the future, anyway, you know?  I just wish that we could go looking down there this summer, and look for places that we really would like to settle down.  We do know that we want to be somewhere where we can have some land....yet close enough to a city that we can drive within like a half hour or so.  I'll be happy if there's just a Walmart and a grocery store around.  I can shop online if I need to :)  So, yeah...that's what I've been doing the past couple of weeks.  What have you been up to?

1 comment:

  1. You'll love Tennessee! I grew up there and miss it terribly. Good luck, change is hard, but exciting!

    ReplyDelete