Thursday, April 28, 2011

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore....

I swear to God, I thought my house was going to fall down this morning!  We had one hella storm around 5AM this morning.  I get woken up out of a sound sleep from it. The wind was whipping around so bad it sounded like a train outside.  I got up and looked out the window and it LOOKED like a hurricane!  The trees in the back yard were bending over like hookers!  The rain was so hard and so heavy that you could hardly see the road behind our house.  It was horrid!  I seriously thought my roof was going to rip off.  This was just before 5, and dangit if I couldn't get back to sleep.  I've been up since then.  And the wind hasn't stopped.  It's diminished some, but it's still windy!  The wind outside my classroom window sounds like a creepy wind you hear in those horror movies just before someone gets knocked off in a murder scene!  That "whoooo-hoooooo" type sound.  I wish I could record it so you all can hear it! 

So, guess what I get to do in about an hour and a half???  I get to meet Nate Washington!  From the Tennessee Titans!  He's an alumni of the school I teach at, and he's coming back to speak with the male students at our school.  I'm so sneaking down there to meet him.  It's during my lunch time, so I'll either eat early, or eat later....but I'm not going to miss an opportunity to meet a celebrity.  Whether I follow his team or not!  I'm going to try and get a picture of myself with him for my nephew, who's a big Titans fan.  He'll be excited.  Jealous, but excited! 

Mother's Day is in a couple of weeks.  And all I want is a ticket to see Darius Rucker at the zoo this fall!  I absolutely LOVE Darius!  Seriously.  It's sad.  He's all I listen to anymore, basically.  I have all his CD's on my Ipod, and I have a station dedicated just to him on my Pandora on my phone.  I've even gotten the girls addicted to him.  They call him Hootie though, because that's usually what I refer to him as.  I've always loved him, actually.  I loved him when he was in Hootie and the Blowfish, but I love him even more now that he's a country singer.  He's so great.  Now....if I can just get the husband to agree to getting me the tickets.  I've trained the kids to tell Daddy that Mommy deserves to see Darius for Mother's Day.  I've made my status message on FB dedicated to wanting to see him.  And I've sent him emails with information on how to get the tickets at a discount!  Now, let's all keep our fingers crossed! 

~Later Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment