Friday, April 8, 2011

We apologize for the delay. The operator of this blog has been incapacitated.

It's been a busy couple of weeks!  My friend, Roomie, promptly texted me and basically told me to get my ass back in the blogging business!  LOL.  I'm in the process of getting ready for a conference that I'm presenting at in Findlay, OH next week, so I've been busy with that.  My apologies to anyone who's missed my insatiable sarcasm and wit.  :)  I promise I was not ignoring you! 

I don't think I really have anything too awful sarcastic to say today.  I'm kind of void of all sarcasm at the moment.  In saying that, though, does that sound sarcastic?  Oh wait, I do have something to talk about.  The husband and I took Brownie and Blondie out to eat on Wednesday night.  We ended up going to Fricker's on the Field in downtown Toledo.  We didn't get that much to eat.  The girls each shared some frickin' chicken chunks, and they each got a side (Brownie got cole slaw, and Blondie got a salad).  My dinner consisted of frinkin' chicken chunks and some fries (and a $2.22 tall beer) and JB got about the same thing.  Except he had one more beer than I did.  But, now I know why they call it "Fricker's!"  Cause you have a  frickin' heart attack when you get the bill!  Not a whole heck of a lot of food came out to over FIFTY dollars?  I think I was raped at Fricker's!  Seriously, they violated me by charging me so much money for something not worth it!  Now, had it been like, oh...I don't know...prime rib, a baked potato, and caviar...yeah, then $50 wouldn't seem so bad.  But for chunks of chicken?  Especially chunks of chicken that didn't even have enough sauce on them?  What the fuck, you know????  It used to be that they slathered the chicken in the sauce you order, but not anymore.  You barely get any!  And if you ask for some more sauce on the side, you have to frickin' pay for it!  I certainly think that will be the last time we go to Fricker's for dinner.  It was Frickin' Rape!!!  No, Fricker's!  You shall no longer take my financial innocense, and you will NOT be happy about it.  Find some other schmuck to sodomize from now on! 

The girls have been off on Spring Break all week.  Whilst JB and I have been working.  My good friend, Dawn, she offered to take the girls for me while I was working.  She has 2 boys about the same age, and she was off on vacation.  Which was nice, because I didn't have to pay the sitter.  But, I have to admit it was a PITA.  First off, I had to get up earlier than normal, and I had to get the GIRLS up earlier than normal.  Believe you me, they were SOOOOOO little rays of Sunshine getting up at 6:15AM (NOT!) and get everyone ready to get out the door by 7:15.  Then I had to drive all the way across town to drop them off, and then the back way to work.  Then I had to do it all over again, but backwards, after school to pick them up.  Now that I think about it, I probably didn't save that much money, because I probably spent the money I would have paid in babysitting to fill up my car!  Speaking of rape....  I can only think of finishing off next week, and then being on my OWN vacation while JB and the girls are gone all day long for 10 days!  It's going to be glorious!  Although, I am going to be painting Brownie's room.   She wants her room painted salmon.  It's a pretty color.  I think she'll like it :)  But, that'll only be a couple of days' worth of work, and then I have the rest of it off.  Ahh....I can feel the relaxing muscles as I type! 

Well, it's off to keep preparing for next week!  In the iconic words of "The Arnold,"  I'll Be Back!

~Later Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment