Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Countdown has begun!

55 days left until summer vacation! YAY! I can't wait until that time. I can't wait until it's nice and warm outside, and I wake up at like 8AM with no worries, the girls and I can stay in our jammies or swimsuits all day without having to answer to anyone. I can't wait until I don't have to teach these kids that I teach right now. I'm having a VERY difficult time even being motivated with kids who want to do nothing but drink, smoke, talk about "hitting that" in regards to women, and kids who tell me to shut the fuck up. It's very demeaning. I pray and pray every day that I can get a position outside of E.D. I hate teaching E.D. I wish I could go into detail about how some of the students act, but I can't. That would be unethical. But let's just say that the majority of them would rather be in jail than go to school. It's just not a fun teaching situation. I can see why they only can keep teachers in there for a year at a time. The burnout rate is really REALLY quick. I was burnt out by the first month! But, unfortunately, before I can change, I was put through the intern program. For FIRST year teachers! Am I a first year teacher? No. And, ok, for the most of it, I don't mind being in the intern program....but I think there needs to be some changes to it. I feel that if there's an experienced teacher in the program, and they want to change, then they should be able to. I wasn't allowed to change for the whole first year. I can see a first year having to stick it out, but come on now....I've been teaching for 11 years!

Well, speaking of which, I need to go get ready. Gotta be at work by 7:45 today.

Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment