Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sigh

I'm not normally one to complain. I mean, I try to look at the positive stuff in life. But this job, ugh! This job has gotten me so mentally and physically drained and burned out. I've never been burned out to the point where I contemplate changing careers. If only I knew something other than education....but I don't. And it pisses me off, because it leeaves me where I am. I subbed for an English teacher yesterday last hour. It was awesome. It was the best I have felt at that place all year. Why? Because the kids actually wanted to learn. They actually let me teach! It felt so nice to be doing what I love again. Then, then I had to go back. Which totally took my good mood away. I know I shouldn't let it get me down, but it does. And the fact that the administration isn't backing me makes it all the harder. I have 53 school days left. I have to just make it that long, and then I can hopefully move on with my life and do something better. The one job I was hoping to get, I don't think I am going to be able to get. I think the more senior person in the building is going to go after it. Sigh.....I have to remember that it could be worse, I guess. I could be without a job. It's hard to be positive when all you get is negative, all day long.
I'm actually kinda hoping they DO close the school, as then I'll have a better chance at getting the job I want.
~Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment