Friday, January 14, 2011

Breakfast burritos are the DEVIL!

I have decided that Ricky Gervais is, indeed and by far, the most GENIUS man on the face of the planet!  I was watching him on Ellen yesterday, and she was talking to him about all the weight he's lost in the past year.  She mentioned to him how it must have been difficult.  And do you know what his response was?  Wait for it.....wait for it....he said, and I quote, "It wasn't hard.  It was boring."  How epiphoniacal is that????  Why did I never look at it that way?  I've always told myself that dieting was hard.  But, Ricky Gervais is right!  It's not!  It really isn't!  It's just boring!  How come it takes a virtually unknown celebrity to make me realize this?  Wow....It has stuck with me since the moment he said.  He also said, "Who wants to get on that exercise machine and sweat your ass off, when you can sit on it and eat a tube of Pringles?  Of course not, but it's like going to work.  You do it because you have to.  Not because you want to."  Dang, Gervais!  You're a freakin' GENIUS!  And so, because of that, today's post is dedicated to you!  Live long and prosper, Gervais.  Live long and prosper.

I have this posted on my fridge.  So, everytime I go to get in the fridge, whether it's to start cooking dinner, or because I'm bored or hungry....this is the last thing I look at before I try to grab it.  It may sound strange to you, but to me, it's a tiny motivator.  It automatically starts that little devil/angel on the shoulder fight that will argue and fight against the evils of fat and whale-ness.  So, when I get that urge to go through the McDonald's (DAMN YOU, Ronald!) for those oh-so-tasty breakfast burritos with hot picante sauce, before I even get to the turn, I hear the little angel on my shoulder saying, "M....let us not forget about that little black dress you're trying to get into!!  Let us not forget the reason we aren't going to eat those temptuous, yet devil's food.  If you make that turn, you're also making one hell of a cluster fuck up."  Ok, so maybe an angel won't say cluster fuck.  Well, maybe not YOUR angel.  Mine does.  Mine's a liberated angel who knows that a cuss word doesn't mean she will lose her Godly wings.  So, there! 

I have another troubadour in my quest.  She shall forth known as "Roomie."  Roomie is an old and dear friend of mine.  She is, also, on a quest to look less like an animal and more like a hot chick.  Much like my Anti-Whale quest, Roomie's on an Anti-Cow like quest.  We also have similar goals.  As everyone knows, mine is to get into that LBD.  Roomie's is to get into a pair of skinny jeans.  So, she's going to follow me and work with Computer Girl and I on our quests to be less than we are---in every literal sense of the word.  LOL  So, follow us and our trials and tribulations.  Join us in our gripes and groans, and laugh at our mishaps and missteps.  It's ok.  We have a lot of fat.  It'll just bounce off of us and go back onto you.  LOL! 
Later Days!


2 comments:

  1. What's epiphoniacal mean? LMBO

    Ok it is so true. It is boring! Never thought of it that way myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epiponiacal: Adjective: Of having or being in a state of epiphany. :D

    ReplyDelete