Thursday, January 13, 2011

I am a nice person. I am a nice person. I am a nice person.

I have to keep reminding myself to find the good in all people.  I really do.  It's so easy to go to the dark side and just start saying negative things.  I feel like Darth Vadar sometimes lately.  I know I need to be good, but then the evil Jedi mind tricks take over, and I have to fight the urge to stand there and say, "What the hell is wrong with you?"  I guess it's a good thing that I'm not Luke's father.....else I'd be trying to knock off my own son to spite myself.  This is, by FAR, the hardest resolution I've ever had.  I think I'd rather resolve to lose 200lbs instead of resolving to be a kinder, more sympathic version of myself.  This is hard shit!!!!

My friend, Gina, brought me a present this morning.  Remember how I was having such difficulties in finding a happy temperature for my classroom?  Well, it's been resolved, but my friend, Gina brought me a giant thermometer for my classroom.  LOL  It was funny.  I have it right up on my 1923 chipping chalkboard. 

So, lately I've been thinking that I want to get an exchange student.  Ever since high school, I've ALWAYS wanted to have one for a year.  One of my best friends my senior year was Lin, an exchange student from Sweden.  She and I still have contact with each other.  I even told JB before he and I got married that someday, I WAS going to get one.  I'd like to get one from either Sweden, Germany, or Denmark.  I don't know why I've been thinking about it so much lately.  I have always told JB that I wouldn't get one until the kids were in high school...but for some reason I want one NOW!  It's been going through my head more and more lately.  Of course, I know that it won't happen.  Not only do we not have the room, but I promised JB that I wouldn't even look into it before the kids were in high school.  DANG!  Why do I have to be so damn obediant?!?!?!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment