Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's time.

Tomorrow's my birthday.  My 34th birthday.  That means that I am officially over a 1/3 of a century old.  And I'm still fat.  I told myself last year that I wouldn't be a whale by my next birthday.  And here I sit....just as whale-like as I was this time last year.  Actually a little MORE whale-like.  I think I was 10lb lighter.  Anyways, so what better day to start back on my anti-whale quest than on my 34th birthday??  I've got a couple of friends here in town that are saying they'll do it with me, but honestly, I can't count on them.  I have to count only on myself.  What they do doesn't really matter.  I have to work on leaving my own blubber behind and not worry about whether they lose their blubber.  I do have a friend online, we'll call her Computer Girl.  She and I have a LOT in common.  She's gone through a lot of the same weight struggles as I have in our anti-whale quest.  Right now, we're exactly the same weight.  So, we're going to have a "reward" system put into place for each of us.  We're going to set up a goal for ourselves; you know, to hit a certain weight by a certain time.  And when we hit it, we're going to reward each other.  I think my reward is going to be a new dress....a new little black dress.  I've never had one ;)  Wouldn't I look hot and perty in one of those LBD's?  So, yeah...we'll see.  I'll post my complaints, my trials, and my tribulations here to help me vent, and give me an outlet instead of putting somethingi n my mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment