Thursday, March 3, 2011

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat.....

I think Tuesday was National Smelly Person day.  Seriously....I had to go to the grocery store, and I was walking up and down the aisles.  I think I passed every smelly, non-showered, tooth missing adult in the city of Toledo.  It was so bad with one person, in fact, that I literally smelled their stench all the way down the aisle before I even got to them, AND afterwards.  It stuck in my nose.  It was horrendous.  I got out my BBW hand lotion and put it on, JUST so I could smell it and get rid of the smell of rotting flesh in my nose.  I don't know how people do it.  I really don't.  The one thing I tell my children is, "The one thing you always want to do is smell good!"  No one likes a stinker.  No one.  So, anyhow....I proceed on my way to the check out, and I get in one particular lane, and Bam....there it is again, the smell of a homeless person living under a bridge.  There's another stinky ahead of me in the line.  At this point, I'm just like, "REALLY?"  I didn't care if it was a short line.  There was no way I was going to stand there and voluntarily sniff the putridness.  I got out of line and moved to another one...a longer one, but I didn't care.  Now, don't go chastizing me quite yet.  I understand that there are some people who really ARE homeless and can't help it.  But those people aren't in the grocery stores, buying cases upon cases of Pepsi Max and bags of Chicken fingers.  No.....those people are actually homeless.  THESE people just apparently don't give a rat's ass about how they look or smell.  They don't care that people pass out as they walk by.  They don't care that no amount of stick ups in the world would hamper their stench.  They have the money to buy a 24pk of Budweiser, but they can't buy a bar of soap and some shampoo?  Give me a break! 

On another note, Brownie's birthday party went off without a hitch.  She had so much fun, dressing up in her Fancy Nancy tiara and having tea and cupcakes with her friends.  She looked so darn cute in her dress and tiara.  Here she is, smiling from ear to ear. All the girls got to take home their own tiara and even their cups and saucers.  Their goody bags had girly stuff in it, like nail polishes, hair pretty ties, cookies, etc....they loved them, and they all had a great time.   
  IMG_20110226_123855.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment