Sunday, January 17, 2010

1-17-10

So, since I don't use my Myspace account anymore, I didn't have anywhere to write my thoughts and stuff that goes on in my daily life anymore. Thus, here we are! I'm not trying to gain followers or anything. Just needed a place to write my thoughts down and get my insecurities out of the way when I need to. Nothing fancy, basically just my own personal diary, I guess :)

So, IF anyone is reading this, I'm just a normal woman. I'm 33. Just turned 33, to be exact. I'm a normal person. I'm a mom, a high school teacher, and a housewife. I married my best friend 9 years ago, and I have two little girls who are the light of my life. And, to be honest, I wouldn't change it in any way, shape or form.

In June, 2009, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Since then, I've totally changed my lifestyle. I have lost 70 pounds since then. The past month, though, I have kinda slacked off on the dieting thing. Can't say that I've really got an excuse or anything, cause I don't. I've just been lazy. And because of my laziness, I have gained back five of those 70 pounds. I realized it the other day that I can NOT slack off. I can NOT do any of those things because it won't help me in my fight against diabetes. And that's exactly what it is, a fight. I refuse to let it take over my life. But in order to do that, I have to be diligent on my eating and exercising habits. Haven't done that the past couple of months. I need to get it back. SO, starting today, my sense of accomplishment is renewed, and I will get myself back on track. First things first, is to stop shoving shit into my mouth, which is what I tend to do when I'm bored. JB, my husband, went out and got me Just Dance and Wii Fit Plus to help me out. He's so sweet. Now I just need to stay vigilant to keep at it. I want to get "Blondie," my oldest, to work on it, too. She's a little on the overweight side for an 8 year old, and I do NOT want her to succomb to the childhood torture I had when I was a kid. Kids teasing me all the time and making me feel like I was inferior to them. SB and LV, yeah, that's right, I'm talking about you! All throughout school I was made to feel like I was an outcast because I wasn't the small one....or because I wasn't the popular one....and I hated it. All because I was a little bigger than most of the other girls in my class or grade. Hopefully, I can get my own daughter to avoid having to go through that.

So yeah, in a nutshell, this is my blog. This is my diary. And if I want you to know, I'll write it. If not, then tough banooni berries. Later Days!
Melody

4 comments:

  1. Keep me updated on the WiiFit Plus; I'm doing it too!! Well, as soon as hubby decides the durn thing's hooked up to his satisfaction.

    I love Rhythm Step, Rhythm Kung Fu, and the one where you have to add to 10. What games on there do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely about not wanting your daughter to be subjected to that kind of vicious behaviour kids these days have! I can remember the pain and agony of being overweight as well and being made fun of. Fatty fatty 2 X 4... etc. I worry about my daughter too.. She was gaining weight there steadily for awhile and then she stopped. She knows all about healthy choices and not about being overweight but being at a healthy weight for her body!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the free step, we set it for 30 minutes then watch whatever we want on tv. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super proud of you. You have worked super hard and come so far. I also need to get my butt in gear. I am hoping your motivation will help me want to get started again.

    ReplyDelete