Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1-20-10

Took "Brownie" to the ENT today. Not so good news. She'll be going in for surgery on February on Feb. 11. She'll be having both her adenoids and tonsils out, plus tubes put in her ears. It's gonna be a really rough have of it the few days after that, as I'm sure she won't want to be doing anything but being with her momma. She's definitely a momma's girl. The 11th is a Thursday, so I'll take that and Friday off. Monday I already have off for Presidents' Day. Hopefully this will be enough of "Momma time" and I can go back to work on that Tuesday, and Nana can take over. I've got mixed feelings on it. The doctor gave me the "option" of having her tonsils out or not. They told me that her tonsils were so swollen that they were touching each other. I said, "Well, what could happen if she didn't have them out?" They said that she would continue to snore, and that later on, she could develop sleep apnea. So, my response to that was, "So it's really NOT an option, now is it? If they need to come out, they need to come out." I just feel bad because she's so tiny, and they're actually gonna put her under, and she's going to be having a tube down the throat while they do the surgery, and then they cut them out, and she's gonna be so sore. I just know I'm gonna hate seeing her be so sore and in pain. Might make me cry :*(
It's times like these that I really wish my mom was around. It's moments like this that I need her here with me to help me through it. To help ME help my daughter. Damn Alzheimers.....I hope someone finds a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment