Saturday, January 30, 2010

1-29-10

ONLY ME....Only I would find a way to get my hand stuck underneath the refrigerator! And I mean STUCK...to the point where I have lacerations on my hand from pulling it OUT from under the fridge. I was being VERY productive today, and cleaning. I was on a roll, I tell you. I had that kitchen SPOTLESS....except for one spot. That black hole of dusty fuzziness called "under the fridge." So, I get down on my belly, and take a look at the vast emptiness filled with various fibers of ugliness...animal hair, human hair, plain old dirt, and what not...and in very large quantities. Well, at first I tried getting to it with the broom. Unsuccessful. Then I tried the OTHER end of the broom. Once again, unsuccessful. So, I stuck my fingers in ever so slightly. Aha! Success! I had virtuously grabbed a blob of nasty hair with my thumb and forefinger, pulling it out from the vastness. So, the mind set I had was, "Hell....if I can get that with just my thumb and first finger, imagine what I could get if I stuck my whole hand in there. Therefore, I proceeded in doing said act. I pushed my hand in there, and in between these two bars that run from one side of the fridge to the other. Ok, so far, so good. Well, then I proceeded to run my hand alongside to the right, and then I hit this wall....well, not so much a wall, as it was the narrowing of the bars. And my hand was NOT coming out. The fatness of my hand had molded itself around the bars, and not letting its grip loose for anything! So, I do what every noble housewife would do. I started yelling for my husband. My galant husband. He would be my noble steed and save me from my vice. Uh, yeah.....SO didn't happen! He comes into the kitchen, sees me lying on the floor with my hand protruding out from under the freezer section, and starts laughing uncontrollably. While I sit there yelling at him, he decides to get his camera phone and start snapping pictures, much to my chagrin. So now, photos of my excursion to the beyond is plastered all over facebook, and my husband is still laughing. I did, eventually, get my hand loose, and out from under the fridge....but it looks like someone has been chewing on it!
Later Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment