Thursday, January 21, 2010

1-21-10

I couldn't shake that "uneasy" feeling all day long. It's funny, though, cause now that I'm home, it's gone. Weird. Maybe it was my mind's way of telling me to just stay home today. God, I could only wish!

I've come to realize, being a teacher for inner city, emotionally disturbed children, high school at that....that you can't FORCE anyone to want to learn. I've tried every trick in my book on these kids. Some of them, I got through to. Others? Yeah, others....well, let's just say that they would RATHER be in jail than in school. I just don't get it. I've tried talking to them. I've tried showing them what the real world is like. I've tried having OTHER people talk to them. I've shown them videos. I've read them stories. Some of these kids just don't get it. And I'm really afraid that A) they're never GOING to get it or B) when they DO get it, it's going to be too late for them to go back. It amazes me that these kids have parents who just don't give a rat's ass. You call them and try to get them to work with you, and all you get back is a dial tone. If that was MY daughter's teacher, calling me and asking ME to help them with their child, you better bet your sweet bippy that I would be there in a heartbeat. And then, I would take my child and ground them for all of eternity, take away all their belongings except the daily necessities, and make them come to my beck and call until they get their act together. I guess some people should just be made to take a written and oral exam before being allowed to procreate. That way, we could ween out the bad parents and the bad genes.

On to another topic. There are only three months until it's camping season again. I can't wait. It's the most wonderful thing in the world to be out in Indiana, on the lake. It's gorgeous out there. I love waiting until sunset out there, and standing in the backyard looking at the sun fall down into the western laid trees. Somehow, the colors seem so much brighter and radiant than they do anywhere else. When I see the Indiana sunset, I see radiant shades of red, orange, and yellow blended together...blended so much that you can hardly tell where one color starts and another one ends. Then, adding the geese who reside on the lake...they fly into the sky and cross the multifaceted painting, and it just brings a sense of calmness and love to your heart. Like Danielle says, "It makes my heart happy." My wish is that everyone could experience this sunset, just once....and see just how beautiful it really is.

Later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment