Saturday, January 23, 2010

1-23-10

I'm so glad it's the weekend! Yesterday was a hard day at work. The kids were horrible. And the administration, yeah....well, let's just say they weren't any help in that department. I sent a kid down for behavior issues. He was being rude, disrespectful, cussing, etc....you name it, he was doing it. He stays down there for the hour, then comes back with a sleeve of donuts. Not only was he not suspended, but he was given a sleeve of donuts by the assistant principal! What kind of crap is that?!?!?!? I was livid! LIVID, I tell you! So, needless to say, I was thankful when the day was over. I won't be there on Monday. My para won't either....so there will be two substitutes in my room. Therefore, do you know what I did? I locked ALL my personal shit up in the closet. EVERYTHING...and I mean it. From my pictures, to my radio....everything is stashed away in my locked closet. I am NOT going to let those kids steal my shit when I'm not around. I have the countdown to the end of the school year going on in my head. Every day gets me closer to not having to be in that classroom anymore, and into an LD position or a CD position.


Ok, I know I'll probably get some backlash from this, but I just have to get this off my chest....freakin' enough about Haiti now, please! I understand that they're in dire need. I get that. I understand that it's difficult down there. I get that, too. But....you know what? We pledge a bajillion dollars to help THOSE people down there, when I can name you fifteen kids right off the bat, here in the school I teach at, that need that money just as much as the Haitians do. Why don't they take care of the people in the US like they promise to take care of everyone else? I have kids sleeping in homeless shelters, kids whose only meals come from the ones they get at school, kids who don't have the money to get clothes, so they're wearing holey clothes to school. What about those kids? I'm tired of looking on the television and seeing the stuff about Haiti. Like I said, I'm sure I'll get some backlash, but I just had to say it. I feel a lot better now.

Well, off to do my Saturday stuff. Later Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment