Monday, January 18, 2010

1-18-10

Martin Luther King Day....a day off of school. YAY! I slept in this morning. Of course, sleeping in for me means waking up after 8AM sometime. I also have a cold settling into my head. Lovely. Just what I need. Oh, well....se la vie. The girls and I have a day set all to ourselves today. No friends, so family...just the girls and I. We're going to play some Wii and some board games. We're having a "spa day." AKA, Mom gets to be the guinea pig while the girls do my hair, nails, and makeup. Maybe I'll post a picture of my "makeover." :)

I found this quote yesterday while I was looking for a new background for my computer. I think it's great. It spoke to me, and gave me some motivation to keep going with my weight loss, and to keep going with my fight against diabetes. It's a quote from Mahatma Ghandi. It says, "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." It tells me that my struggle with diabetes is going to be my strength. It's what's going to give me the will power to keep going. I think it's good. Feel free to steal it! Sometimes, I'll admit...there are times that I just want to give up and say that I don't give a rat's ass. I wanna give up and just take a big chunk of chocolate cake. Sometimes I just want to take that elevator instead of taking the steps. This quote kinda put it into perspective for me. It came across at the right time, I guess....when I was getting a little bit lazy and disenheartened, ready to stop.

"Brownie," my youngest, has another doctor appointment on Wednesday. She's probably gonna have to be getting tubes in her ears. Poor kid's always sick. Her speech is a little off. She's always getting infections and put on antibiotics. She failed her hearing test last week. It said she had mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears....but it seems to be in the middle ear, so it will most likely be able to come back with the insertion of tubes. I will keep you all updated as to what we find out.

Well, time for me to get my you know what out of bed, and get some breakfast for the girls. JB has to work, so it's just them and myself today. GIRLS DAY IN! Have a good one.
Later Days!

1 comment:

  1. I <3 that quote! Totally stealing it, since it is absolutely right on. You can make it thru girl-you are one of the toughest ppl I know. :)

    ReplyDelete