Friday, February 19, 2010

2-19-10

I can't believe that Brownie will be five in three days! It seems like I just gave birth to her a little while ago. God, how time flies! Pretty soon, both the girls will be teens, and wanting to go on dates and drive Mom's car to the mall. It's just amazing to me that they've grown so much. I guess that means that it's also amazing that JB and I have now been together for 10 years! Holy crap! That's a GOOD holy crap, by the way ;)

I heard the birds chirping outside yesterday. I'm going to take that as a hint that spring is coming. Thank GOD! It's been one hell of a long winter. I don't know how much more snow I can take. Remember that one post where I said I wanted some snow? Uh, yeah...can I take that back? There's an over abundance of snow out there now! And it won't go away! And it didn't help my little situation that I got myself into yesterday on my way home from work. Yes, there's another M-blunder on the horizon! I was driving home from work yesterday. I saw one of the people I worked with walking on the sidewalk, so I rolled down my window to talk to them. Well, I did so, and proceeded to roll it back up to go on my way....except....the damn window wouldn't roll up. All I got was this "rrrrrrrrrrrr" every time I pressed the button to roll it up. "Shit," I thought to myself. So, I stick my hand in between the rubber things to try and get it up. Nope, not happening. Meanwhile, I'm still driving on Western Ave. toward the Anthony Wayne. This is NOT a slow street, mind you. It's pretty busy, especially right after school gets out! Well, it still didn't work....so I had to drive ALL the way home, ON the expressway and through downtown, in 38 degree weather, with my window down. I froze my you-know-what off! I finally get home and park the car. All the way home, I kept trying to get the window to come up, and failed. For some reason, before getting out of the car, I decided to turn it off, turn it back on, and try it again. (Why, for GOD'S SAKE, did I not try that BEFORE I drive all the way home....) Guess what? Ta-DA! It went up. So, dumb ass me....I didn't think to do that before I got on the expressway. Had I thought of that, I probably could have saved myself the cold air, and the embarrassment of having people stare at me like I have three heads! Why wouldn't they, of course? It's freezing out, and I'm driving on the expressway with my window completely open! If I would have seen that in someone else's car, I would have looked at them the same way! So, yeah...that's the latest in my stupid behaviors. It's a good thing, because it gives you, the readers, something to laugh at every once in a while!

Which brings me to another gripe. I absolutely HATE driving through downtown Toledo, especially on my way home from work. I have to drive by all the judicial buildings, and the police station, etc...to get to the expressway. I tell you, people who work downtown are rediculous! The policemen and women park their cop cars on the road, next to their own cars, so they can pack up whatever it is they need instead of doing what normal people do....carry their shit. They double park with their lights on, and all of us people who are trying to drive on the road get stopped and/or have to move over into one of the other lanes to try and get past. But God forbid if a regular citizen try to do that, those cops would be right there, giving those people tickets. Drives me crazy! Then, THEN, why do they wait until rush hour to decide to do road work? Why don't they do it at night time when there aren't any cars down town? I can't tell you how many days out of the week, I'm driving down Adams Street or Washington Ave, to have to stop because some guy's down a manhole. Seriously, though...it's already dark down there! Why do you have to do it during the day? It's not like the sun's rays of light are going to illuminate your way...you're friggin' underground, doofus! It's a good thing I'm a somewhat sane person, (notice I said SOMEWHAT) because there have been times when my mind gets the better of me, and I imagine myself doing not so nice things (like rear ending) to those cars that double park on a major thorough way! Ok, bitch session done. I'm moving on with my day!

Later Days~

No comments:

Post a Comment