Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2-9-10

It's a SNOW DAY! It's a SNOW DAY! The snow is just a fallin' and a fallin' out there, and it's supposed to continue all the way through tomorrow evening. Most people would say, "YUCK" but I say "YAY!!!!" Why? Because I won't have work today, and most likely tomorrow....plus, I already have Thursday and Friday off for "Brownie's" surgery, and Monday for President's Day. Which means, essentially, I don't have to go to work until NEXT TUESDAY! Weeeee HOOOOO!!!!

It's kind of a hard day, though, too. My BFF, "L," her grandmother passed away yesterday. She was such a wonderful old lady. I loved her. She was so sweet. One thing I'm always going to remember about her is her cookies that she made at Christmas. That lady could bake like no one's business! She made the most extravagant cookies. Not only were they good, but they were just beautiful looking! She made these ones that looked like lace, no lie! They really did. I'm so sad that I can't be there for L. She really could use me there right now, but there's no way I could do it. With Brownie's surgery coming up, plus the storm, there's absolutely no way that I could make it there. I sent some beautiful flowers to the funeral home. Some really bright and beautiful ones that I think Gramma I. would have liked. But my heart goes out to L. She and I have been bff's for many, many years, and I just feel horrible that I can't be there for her. She knows that my thoughts and prayers are with she and her family. Goodbye, Gramma I. Your spirit will be greatly missed.

Well, it's about time I go plow out the driveway. I'm not complaining, because after I'm done, I can come back in! No work!

~Later Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment