Monday, February 22, 2010

*sigh*

So, yeah....today's my baby's 5th birthday. Brownie turned five at 9:46AM this morning. She was so excited. She took cupcakes to school, and we stopped at the store and got ice cream for dessert tonight. She had pizza, which is the first real "non soft" food she's had since she had her tonsils out. We got her two Wii games, both Dora and Diego. She hasn't stopped playing it since she got it. She just keeps moving back and forth between the two of them. She's having a ball.

Meanwhile, I'm downstairs being a geek, and working out to Diane Sawyer. I'm sorry, I couldn't find anything good on television, so I just ended up watching the news. Ironic thing is, I'm here working out, and they're doing a story on the hot dog. And the whole time I'm watching it, while sweating on the eliptical, I'm imagining myself chasing down a foot long with kraut and chili! Is that sad?? Or just plain pathetic? I haven't had a REAL hot dog in so long...well, as long as I've been diagnosed with diabetes. Being a diabetic makes you have to change your diet so drastically....I can't have any bread...so that means I can't have any hot dog buns, and man...it makes for a sad day.

Well, it's almost time for the Bachelor-the Ladies Tell All!!! I can't wait to see the crazy chick come back! I can't wait to see what she has to say. And to see what the OTHER women have to say!!! It's going to be a GOOD show! I'm sure I'll have a lot to talk about tomorrow! Anyone else out there like to watch this unrealistic reality show? Email me...we'll chat! :)

Later Days!
M

2 comments:

  1. Hey mel, have you ever tried making "buns" with eggs? I used to do it all the time when I was low carbing. They aren't really the same as real bread, but they work for sammies and burgers..just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't! What's the recipe? You know you have to share with me, after I've shared all mine with you, LM! ;)

    ReplyDelete